As you will be aware, there have been 375 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Australia as of March 17th, 170 of them in NSW, and we know that these numbers will grow.
It’s an extraordinary time that demands an extraordinary response from governments, businesses and communities as we try to protect the most vulnerable members of society (the elderly and those with compromised immune systems) by not overloading ICU units all at once. We’re in this together.
Betta Fire Protection will play its part in managing the health risk while continuing to deliver fire protection services for you and your properties with minimal disruption.
As we start to see more cases in Australia, the advice we have received could change and we will adapt our response accordingly. For the moment, we have implemented best practice hygiene and social distancing policies for all our staff.
- Office staff are working from home.
- Field staff will keep 2 meters distance from clients and reduce time spent with a client to less than 15 minutes.
- Shaking hands will be avoided.
- Our staff have received clear guidelines for washing hands regularly with soap and hot water, the use of hand sanitiser, and avoiding touching their own faces and surfaces unnecessarily.
- IMPORTANT: please let us know if any of your staff have flu-like symptoms (cough, fever, sore throat, etc) so we keep our staff safe and work through a solution for your property.
- If you are concerned about your compliance commitments or need to reschedule, please contact us ASAP on (02) 86699100.
- There will be minimal disruption to stock and supplies – we have plenty of stock on hand and the ability to access more if needed.
Once again, we will monitor the situation as it unfolds and adapt accordingly. We will make every effort to accommodate circumstances where possible and ensure that your properties remain compliant, safe and protected against fire during this time.